Facility Manager : Justine BERTRAND-MICHEL
The MetaToul lipidomic facility was created in 2003 in IFR 30 directed by Hugues Chap and then in the IFR 150 directed by Xavier Collet. Since 2011, the facility joined the institut I2MC Inserm U1048 directed by Angelo Parini. It is a part of the Metabolomic and Fluxomic Facility of Toulouse (MetaToul) directed by jean-Charle Portais from 2007, and since 2012 it is a partner of the National Infrastructure of Metabolomic (MetaboHUB) directed by Dominique Rolin.
The facility propose the relative and absolute quantification of lipids in various biological samples (fluid, cells, tissues...) for the entire scientific community (academic and private) with classical methods for analytical chemistry such as chromatography (liquid of gas phase) coupled (or not) with mass spectrometry. We propose services, usage of mass spectrometer systems and the development of new methods upon demand.
Four engineers are dedicated to our lipidomic services :
- Justine BERTRAND-MICHEL (IR Inserm) : head of the service
- Pauline LE FAOUDER (IR Inserm)
- Aurélie BATUT (Technician University)
- Fanny VIARS (Engineer non permanent)
10 researcher from Toulouse, specialist in lipids, meet together every month at the scientific council to discuss the scientific strategy of the facility and to advise our inquirer.
The facility has obtained quality certification ISO9001 from 2013
To joined the facility :
- Send an email describing briefly your request to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- An engineer of the facility will contact you to discuss about your project
- You will have to fill an internet form with a summary of your project and your address to create a project number
- Then the person in charge of your project will draft a contract between your team and the facility, to be sign together
- You can send us the samples to analyze... and then we could start the work...
Don't hesitate to joined us, we are available to help you in your project and for all discussion about lipidomic analysis !
Analysis : This services are allready validated for various biological sample, it doesn't need ana development. We can propose a full service (including the sample preparation), or a partial one (you prepare your sample in our lab under our supervision).
Absolute quantification proposed :
- Oxylipins : isoprostane or eicosanoid
- Lysophopholipids (LPA, LPC)
- Fatty acid (classical or hydroxylated)
- Bilary acid
Relative quantification :
- Neutral lipids
- Fatty acids (free or total)
- Main phospholipides : PE, PC, PS, PI
- Polyphophoinositede phosphate
- Sphingolipid : ceramides, sphingomyeline, sphingosines, sphinganie, sphingosine-1-phosphate, MonoHexosylCeramide, DihexolsylCeramides
We can develop new analysis on demand, depending on our technical and human possibility.
Development in progress :
- High resolution global lipidomic profil
- FAhFA (fatty acides hydroxylated fatty acid)
- PA, LPI
External enquirers can use our material under certain conditions and after a solid formation.
Two machines are available for renting :
- GC-QqQ TSQ 8000 (Thermo)
- LC-QqQ 6460 (Agilent)
Our staff is fully implicated in school training through theoretical and practical courses for master students (Bioingeneering, metabolomic..), and in professional training for laboratory staff with lipidomic theoretical course and practical on demand.
The facility is equipped with different instruments :
- Sample preparation : homogenizer Fast prep (MP Biomedical), nitrogen evaporator and concentrator, SPE system
- Gas phase chromatography : GC-FID Focus (Thermo), GC-FID Clarus 600 (Perkin Elmer), GC-MS triple quadrupole TSQ8000 (Thermo)
- Liquid phase chromatography : LC-MS triple quadrupole 6460 (Agilent), LC-MS High resolution Exactive (Thermo) and QTOF (Waters)
- Supercritic Fluid Chromatography (Waters)